Helping and making decisions with loved ones when finding care is exceedingly difficult. To help, we compiled a list of the benefits of home care versus other options :
- Home care is more personal and often caregivers become like family when they work closely with your loved ones. A lot of time is spent one-on-one and creates a lasting bond. Families feel a sense of relief knowing they can trust and rely on their caregivers.
- Home care is comfortable and relaxed. Often, it is less disruptive for individuals with Dementia and Alzheimer’s because they are already familiar with their home and are more willing to accept help where they feel most safe and secure.
- Senior citizens can remain independent and stick to their schedule rather than conform to a nursing homes regimen. This includes remaining social and active in their communities and continuing what is important to them such as clubs and outings.
- In home care is often less pricey than out of home care depending on the services needed
- There is no transition period like that of a nursing home; your loved one can remain at home and have a caregiver visit when it is convenient for them with little to no changes on their end.
Whether choosing home care or considering other options, it can be a personal decision that is ultimately a family choice. If you need assistance or want more information to make this decision, reach out to Assisting Hands Schaumburg at 847-915-6186.
We are happy to help you decide on the best option for you and your loved ones.