The elderly members of our families are often the most respected family members which is why many families try their best to provide care themselves when necessary. While this is a very noble thing for families to do, in many cases it is simply unrealistic for family members to handle the demands of being a family caregiver. You may start by devoting 20 hours per week to making sure your elderly family members get the care they need, but as they get older and their care needs change, you may find yourself devoting more than 40 hours to their care. It is very common for family caregivers to experience disruptions to their job, social life, household and family matters, and their sleep.
Family caregivers who take on too much responsibility may become stressed out, depressed, or physically sick themselves from the high demands. If you have elderly members of your family that need special care to remain in their homes, Assisting Hands can help with our elderly care services. Our caregivers are highly trained, as well as licensed, bonded, and insured, to provide a range of senior home care services to help them age in place. You can trust our caregivers to effectively accommodate your loved one’s needs and provide good social companionship and emotional support.
Trusted Elder Care Services
Our caregivers are committed to providing a wide range of care needs so that your elderly family members can comfortably and safely remain in their own homes. Our basic senior home care services include the following:
- Personal Care and Hygiene
- Meal Preparation
- Errands and Transportation
- Light Housekeeping
- Live-In Care
- 24 Hour Care
- Care Management
The elderly care services from Assisting Hands also include more specialized services to help senior citizens with additional needs.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Caring for senior citizens that suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease is quite challenging. Our caregivers are prepared to provide effective care for those with dementia and Alzheimer’s, including memory care to help improve memory.
- Medical Alert Systems: We offer medical alert systems that include alert bracelets and necklaces so your loved ones can quickly call for help if there is an emergency.
- Non-Medical Health Care: We can provide complete non-medical care services including medication reminders and condition monitoring.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems: Our personal emergency response systems will connect your loved ones to an emergency call center that they can access by pushing a button on a bracelet or necklace if there is an emergency.
- Fall Prevention: Falls in the home are one of the leading causes of injuries among senior citizens. We can help prevent falls by making sure the home is safe.
- Recovery Assistance: If your loved ones have recently been discharged from the hospital, we can provide care to help them with their recovery and avoid re-hospitalization.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: We provide customized care to assist your loved ones with their recovery after they have been hospitalized for surgery, illness, or injury.
- Rehabilitation: If an elderly family member has had a hip or knee replacement, we can help rehabilitate them by making sure they do their doctor recommended exercises to regain their strength and range of motion.
- Stroke Recovery: Seniors who have had a stroke typically need special care. We can help care for stroke patients with personal assistance, condition monitoring, and transportation to doctor’s appointments.
- Cancer Recovery: The treatment for cancer can cause many physical complications. We can help you care for a family member recovering from cancer or cancer treatment with customized care plans.
- After Surgery Home Care: It is difficult for anyone to recover from surgery, especially senior citizens. We provide after surgery home care that includes medication reminders, condition monitoring, and personal assistance to help your loved ones make a full recovery.
If there are elderly members of your family that need consistent care, talk to a professional from Assisting Hands to learn more about our complete senior care services in Chicago and its suburbs. You will rest easier knowing that your loved ones are in the hands of our highly trained and compassionate caregivers.