The elderly members of our families are often the most respected family members which is why many families try their best to provide care themselves when necessary. While this is a very noble thing for families to do, in many cases it is unrealistic for them to handle the demands of a family caregiver.
You may start by devoting 20 hours per week to caring for your loved ones, but as they get older and their care needs change, you may find yourself devoting more than 40 hours. It is common for family caregivers to experience disruptions to their job, social life, household and family matters, and their sleep.
Elderly Care Services in Park Ridge, IL
Family caregivers who take on too much responsibility may become stressed, depressed, or physically sick themselves from the high demands. If you have elderly members of your family who need special care to remain in their homes, Assisting Hands can help with elderly care services.
Our caregivers are highly trained, licensed, bonded and insured, to provide a range of senior home care services to help them age in place. You can trust our caregivers to effectively accommodate your loved one’s needs and provide good social companionship and emotional support.
Elder Care Park Ridge, IL
Our caregivers are committed to providing a range of services so your elderly family members can comfortably and safely remain in their own homes. Our senior home care services include the following:
- Personal Care and Hygiene
- Meal Preparation
- Errands and Transportation
- Light Housekeeping
- Live-In Care
- 24 Hour Care
- Care Management
The elderly care services from Assisting Hands also include specialized services to help senior citizens with additional needs.
Home Care for Elderly
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Caring for senior citizens who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease is quite challenging. Our caregivers are prepared to provide care for those with dementia and Alzheimer’s, including memory care to slow memory loss.
- Medical Alert Systems: We offer medical alert systems that include alert bracelets and necklaces so your loved ones can quickly call for help in an emergency.
- Non-Medical Health Care: We can provide complete non-medical home care services including medication reminders and condition monitoring.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems: Our personal emergency response systems will connect your loved ones to an emergency call center they can access by pushing a button on a bracelet or necklace if there is an emergency.
- Fall Prevention: Falls in the home are one of the leading causes of injuries among senior citizens. We can prevent falls by keeping the home safe.
- Recovery Assistance: If your loved ones have recently been discharged from the hospital, we can help with their recovery and avoid re-hospitalization.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: We provide customized care to assist your loved ones with their recovery after being hospitalized for surgery, illness, or injury.
- Rehabilitation: If an elderly family member has had a hip or knee replacement, we can help them with their doctor-recommended exercises to regain their strength and range of motion.
- Stroke Recovery: Seniors who have had a stroke need special care. We can care for stroke patients with personal assistance, condition monitoring, and transportation to doctor’s appointments.
- Cancer Recovery: The treatment for cancer can cause many physical complications. We can help care for a family member recovering from cancer or cancer treatment with customized care plans.
- After Surgery Home Care: It is difficult for anyone to recover from surgery, especially senior citizens. We provide after surgery home care, including medication reminders, condition monitoring, and personal assistance to help your loved ones make a full recovery.
If there are elderly members of your family who need consistent care, talk to a professional from Assisting Hands to learn more about our complete senior care services in Chicago and its suburbs. You will rest easier knowing your loved ones are in the hands of our highly trained and compassionate caregivers.
For compassionate elderly care services in Park Ridge, IL and the surrounding Chicago suburbs, contact Assisting Hands at (847) 796-6685 to schedule a free consultation.
Related Elderly Care Services:
Senior Home Care Services Palatine, IL
Senior Home Care Services Hoffman Estates, IL
Park Ridge, IL Senior Home Care Services
Senior Home Care Services Chicago, IL
Senior Home Care Services Elk Grove Village, IL
Senior Home Care Services Harwood Heights, IL
Senior Home Care Services Niles, IL
Senior Home Care Services Norridge, IL
Senior Home Care Services Des Plaines, IL
Senior Home Care Services Rolling Meadows, IL