Call Now: (847) 915-6186
Old age, surgeries, memory loss, physical disabilities, and more can all lead to the need for in-home care services. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide home health care services to help seniors who need assistance to live in their homes. Whether you or a loved one needs help with getting around the home, getting to and from doctor’s appointments, or preparing meals, our caregivers are uniquely qualified to lend a hand. Our goal is to get families in need through these stressful times with greater peace of mind. We can help seniors who need our assistance in the Palatine, IL, area.
Working with a Caregiving Agency
We are a licensed caregiving agency here at Assisting Hands Home Care, which means there are a number of built-in benefits you as a potential client will receive by working with us. To better understand them, let’s first take a look at common alternatives:
- Informal Caregiving Services: This care is provided by a loved one. About 65 million Americans provide these services, and roughly 25% of them report that they themselves are in poor health. This is because of the added stressors involved with caring for a loved one while still taking care of other day-to-day responsibilities (such as providing for immediate family members and going to work).
- Professional Care Provided by an Individual: Individual caregivers can do good work, but they leave you at a disadvantage. This is because they are only one person. If they need to cancel for any reason, you will be left scrambling to find a replacement. You are also responsible for hiring and firing these caregivers.
When you work with a caregiving agency, you have a number of qualified caregivers to choose from, you do not need to worry about rescheduling, and your loved ones can benefit from a larger variety of services.
Our Home Health Care Services
Our Assisting Hands Home Care caregivers are qualified to help with any non-medical needs. We cannot provide injections or bandage changing services because our caregivers are not certified nurses, but we can assist with medication reminders and getting to and from doctor’s appointments, for example. Our caregivers are also trained in first aid and CPR and must pass a stringent screening process before working with any clients. We can provide you with the following types of services:
- Assistance with bathing, maintaining personal hygiene, and using the restroom
- Preparing nutritious meals that adhere to dietary restrictions
- Light housekeeping services
- General transportation services
- Care management (e.g. getting to and from doctor’s appointments, medication reminders, assistance with assigned exercises, etc.)
- Live-in care and overnight care
- Social engagement and companionship
When you choose to work with us, you will receive high-quality services provided by caregivers who are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide them. To speak with our representatives and schedule an appointment, dial (847) 915-6186. We can provide quality home care services for those who need it in the Palatine, IL area.
How to Make Overnight Caregiving Easier
How to bring relief to overnight caregivers and help the senior? Depending on the reason the senior awakens throughout the night, nighttime caregiving solutions are available.
Caregiver of the Month – Elon Nabatanzi
Assisting Hands Schaumburg has a reputation of providing high quality and compassionate home care for seniors and we are proud to reward Elon for upholding our values.
Sponsoring SBA Ladies Golf Outing
On July 18 the Schaumburg Business Association hosted the 2018 SBA Ladies Golf Outing presented by AMITA Health. Ladies were invited to play 9 holes of golf, network over brunch, and bid on their favorite caddy for the day in the Caddy Auction. We all enjoyed a morning and afternoon of fun, games and prizes for golfers from