Call Now: (847) 915-6186
Old age, surgeries, memory loss, physical disabilities, and more can all lead to the need for in-home care services. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide home health care services to help seniors who need assistance to live in their homes. Whether you or a loved one needs help with getting around the home, getting to and from doctor’s appointments, or preparing meals, our caregivers are uniquely qualified to lend a hand. Our goal is to get families in need through these stressful times with greater peace of mind. We can help seniors who need our assistance in the Palatine, IL, area.
Working with a Caregiving Agency
We are a licensed caregiving agency here at Assisting Hands Home Care, which means there are a number of built-in benefits you as a potential client will receive by working with us. To better understand them, let’s first take a look at common alternatives:
- Informal Caregiving Services: This care is provided by a loved one. About 65 million Americans provide these services, and roughly 25% of them report that they themselves are in poor health. This is because of the added stressors involved with caring for a loved one while still taking care of other day-to-day responsibilities (such as providing for immediate family members and going to work).
- Professional Care Provided by an Individual: Individual caregivers can do good work, but they leave you at a disadvantage. This is because they are only one person. If they need to cancel for any reason, you will be left scrambling to find a replacement. You are also responsible for hiring and firing these caregivers.
When you work with a caregiving agency, you have a number of qualified caregivers to choose from, you do not need to worry about rescheduling, and your loved ones can benefit from a larger variety of services.
Our Home Health Care Services
Our Assisting Hands Home Care caregivers are qualified to help with any non-medical needs. We cannot provide injections or bandage changing services because our caregivers are not certified nurses, but we can assist with medication reminders and getting to and from doctor’s appointments, for example. Our caregivers are also trained in first aid and CPR and must pass a stringent screening process before working with any clients. We can provide you with the following types of services:
- Assistance with bathing, maintaining personal hygiene, and using the restroom
- Preparing nutritious meals that adhere to dietary restrictions
- Light housekeeping services
- General transportation services
- Care management (e.g. getting to and from doctor’s appointments, medication reminders, assistance with assigned exercises, etc.)
- Live-in care and overnight care
- Social engagement and companionship
When you choose to work with us, you will receive high-quality services provided by caregivers who are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide them. To speak with our representatives and schedule an appointment, dial (847) 915-6186. We can provide quality home care services for those who need it in the Palatine, IL area.
Types of Home Care Services Available for an Elderly Parent
Examples of typical non-medical in-home senior care services include personal assistance, meal preparation, light housekeeping and transportation. The professional caregivers on staff at Assisting Hands Home Care also include pleasant companionship as a part of their care, engaging your loved one in fun activities, like cards or puzzles, to keep their minds alert and active. More intensive care is offered, as well, in the form of 24-hour care and live in care. Around the clock support is oftentimes critical for seniors who need daily attention both night and day and Assisting Hands Home Care is prepared to meet your loved one’s needs.
Sponsoring Thirsty Thursday Summer Kickoff Fundraiser for Palatine Township Senior Center
On Thursday, June 8, the Palatine Township Senior Citizens Council hosted “FUNdraising One Beer at a Time” event to benefit the Palatine Township Senior Center. Assisting Hands Home Care was proud to be among the many sponsors of this event. What would a Summer Kickoff Fundraiser be without food and drinks, music, games, and Assisting Hands …
Why Choose In-Home Care for Seniors with Dementia
The number one reason to choose in-home care for seniors with dementia is that the individual can remain within the comfort and familiarity of his or her home. Dementia affects cognitive function, which can lead to disorientation. Facilitating care at home offers the senior a sense of ease, safety and security.