Call Now: (847) 915-6186
Old age, surgeries, memory loss, physical disabilities, and more can all lead to the need for in-home care services. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide home health care services to help seniors who need assistance to live in their homes. Whether you or a loved one needs help with getting around the home, getting to and from doctor’s appointments, or preparing meals, our caregivers are uniquely qualified to lend a hand. Our goal is to get families in need through these stressful times with greater peace of mind. We can help seniors who need our assistance in the Palatine, IL, area.
Working with a Caregiving Agency
We are a licensed caregiving agency here at Assisting Hands Home Care, which means there are a number of built-in benefits you as a potential client will receive by working with us. To better understand them, let’s first take a look at common alternatives:
- Informal Caregiving Services: This care is provided by a loved one. About 65 million Americans provide these services, and roughly 25% of them report that they themselves are in poor health. This is because of the added stressors involved with caring for a loved one while still taking care of other day-to-day responsibilities (such as providing for immediate family members and going to work).
- Professional Care Provided by an Individual: Individual caregivers can do good work, but they leave you at a disadvantage. This is because they are only one person. If they need to cancel for any reason, you will be left scrambling to find a replacement. You are also responsible for hiring and firing these caregivers.
When you work with a caregiving agency, you have a number of qualified caregivers to choose from, you do not need to worry about rescheduling, and your loved ones can benefit from a larger variety of services.
Our Home Health Care Services
Our Assisting Hands Home Care caregivers are qualified to help with any non-medical needs. We cannot provide injections or bandage changing services because our caregivers are not certified nurses, but we can assist with medication reminders and getting to and from doctor’s appointments, for example. Our caregivers are also trained in first aid and CPR and must pass a stringent screening process before working with any clients. We can provide you with the following types of services:
- Assistance with bathing, maintaining personal hygiene, and using the restroom
- Preparing nutritious meals that adhere to dietary restrictions
- Light housekeeping services
- General transportation services
- Care management (e.g. getting to and from doctor’s appointments, medication reminders, assistance with assigned exercises, etc.)
- Live-in care and overnight care
- Social engagement and companionship
When you choose to work with us, you will receive high-quality services provided by caregivers who are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide them. To speak with our representatives and schedule an appointment, dial (847) 915-6186. We can provide quality home care services for those who need it in the Palatine, IL area.
How to Communicate with a Loved One with Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia cause brain cells to die and result in memory loss and cognitive decline. People with the disease start losing their ability to reason and communicate, experience trouble with basic daily tasks, and become unable to take care of themselves. As the disease progresses, problems like depression, paranoia, hallucinations, and
Frequently Asked Questions about Respite Care
Integral to most caregivers’ lives is respite care. As a short-term type of care, respite care gives family caregivers relief from constant caregiving duties. Families who are in doubt about respite care or have questions regarding this invaluable form of assistance will be assured once they understand the advantages of respite care. What is Respite
Holiday Help for Family Caregivers
Caring for an elderly family member as the holidays roll around can easily become overwhelming. Senior care agencies offer a wealth of services designed especially for time-starved family caregivers. In-home help has increased significance during the holidays.