Call Now: (847) 915-6186
Old age, surgeries, memory loss, physical disabilities, and more can all lead to the need for in-home care services. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide home health care services to help seniors who need assistance to live in their homes. Whether you or a loved one needs help with getting around the home, getting to and from doctor’s appointments, or preparing meals, our caregivers are uniquely qualified to lend a hand. Our goal is to get families in need through these stressful times with greater peace of mind. We can help seniors who need our assistance in the Palatine, IL, area.
Working with a Caregiving Agency
We are a licensed caregiving agency here at Assisting Hands Home Care, which means there are a number of built-in benefits you as a potential client will receive by working with us. To better understand them, let’s first take a look at common alternatives:
- Informal Caregiving Services: This care is provided by a loved one. About 65 million Americans provide these services, and roughly 25% of them report that they themselves are in poor health. This is because of the added stressors involved with caring for a loved one while still taking care of other day-to-day responsibilities (such as providing for immediate family members and going to work).
- Professional Care Provided by an Individual: Individual caregivers can do good work, but they leave you at a disadvantage. This is because they are only one person. If they need to cancel for any reason, you will be left scrambling to find a replacement. You are also responsible for hiring and firing these caregivers.
When you work with a caregiving agency, you have a number of qualified caregivers to choose from, you do not need to worry about rescheduling, and your loved ones can benefit from a larger variety of services.
Our Home Health Care Services
Our Assisting Hands Home Care caregivers are qualified to help with any non-medical needs. We cannot provide injections or bandage changing services because our caregivers are not certified nurses, but we can assist with medication reminders and getting to and from doctor’s appointments, for example. Our caregivers are also trained in first aid and CPR and must pass a stringent screening process before working with any clients. We can provide you with the following types of services:
- Assistance with bathing, maintaining personal hygiene, and using the restroom
- Preparing nutritious meals that adhere to dietary restrictions
- Light housekeeping services
- General transportation services
- Care management (e.g. getting to and from doctor’s appointments, medication reminders, assistance with assigned exercises, etc.)
- Live-in care and overnight care
- Social engagement and companionship
When you choose to work with us, you will receive high-quality services provided by caregivers who are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide them. To speak with our representatives and schedule an appointment, dial (847) 915-6186. We can provide quality home care services for those who need it in the Palatine, IL area.
Approaching Seniors Who Resist In-Home Caregivers
As much as seniors want to remain independent and stay in their own homes as they age, health and cognitive issues oftentimes make it difficult to cope with day-to-day living. The elderly need help in order to maintain a safe and comfortable lifestyle. While some seniors readily accept assistance, many others are resistant to getting
How to Help Your Senior Loved Ones Transition to a New Caregiver
What are signs to look for while hiring a caregiver? What are ways to develop ease with caregiving teams? Find the answers to those questions and more…
9 Easy Recipes for Caregivers
When you act as a caregiver for an elderly individual, one of the responsibilities that you might have is preparing meals for your client. This can include getting the necessary groceries and ingredients, preparing and cooking the food, serving the meal, helping the individual eat, and cleaning up afterwards. It takes a lot of time