Call Now: (847) 915-6186
Old age, surgeries, memory loss, physical disabilities, and more can all lead to the need for in-home care services. At Assisting Hands, we provide home care services in Palatine, IL to help seniors age in place.
Whether you or a loved one needs help with getting around the home, getting to and from doctor’s appointments, or preparing meals, our caregivers are uniquely qualified to lend a hand. Our goal is to get families in need through these stressful times with greater peace of mind. We can help seniors who need our assistance in the Palatine, IL, area.
Home Care Palatine, IL
We are a licensed home agency, which means there are a number of built-in benefits you as a potential client will receive when working with us. Let’s first take a look at common alternatives:
- Informal Home Care Services: This care is provided by a loved one. About 65 million Americans provide these services, and roughly 25% report they are in poor health. This is because of the added stressors involved with caring for a loved one while still taking care of other day-to-day responsibilities (such as providing for immediate family members and going to work).
- Professional Care Provided by an Individual: Individual caregivers are helpful, but they have a disadvantage: they are only one person. If they need to cancel, you will be left scrambling to find a replacement. You are also responsible for hiring and firing these caregivers.
When working with a home care agency, there are a number of qualified caregivers from which to choose, not having to worry about rescheduling, and your loved ones can benefit from a variety of services.
Non-Medical Home Health Care
Our Assisting Hands caregivers are qualified to help with non-medical needs. We cannot provide injections or bandage changing services because our caregivers are not certified nurses, but we can assist with medication reminders and getting to and from doctor’s appointments, for example. Our caregivers are also trained in first aid and CPR and must pass a stringent screening process before working with clients.
We can provide the following types of home care services:
- Assistance with bathing, maintaining personal hygiene, and using the restroom
- Preparing nutritious meals that adhere to dietary restrictions
- Light housekeeping services
- General transportation services
- Care management (e.g. getting to and from doctor’s appointments, medication reminders, assistance with assigned exercises, etc.)
- Live-in care and overnight home care
- Social engagement and companionship
Get a Free Consultation
When working with us, you can expect professional home care services provided by licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers the Palatine, IL area.
To speak with our representatives and schedule a free consultation, call (847) 915-6186.
Related Home Care Services:
Home Health Care Services Park Ridge, IL
Park Ridge, IL Home Health Care Services
Home Health Care Services Hoffman Estates, IL
Home Health Care Services Chicago, IL
Home Health Care Services Des Plaines, IL
Home Health Care Services Elk Grove Village, IL
Home Health Care Services Harwood Heights, IL
Home Health Care Services Niles, IL
Home Health Care Services Norridge, IL
Home Health Care Services Rolling Meadows, IL
Home Health Care Services Schaumburg, IL
The Role of Caregivers for Mesothelioma Patients
Remember, mesothelioma is a fast-moving disease. It’s unlike most cancers that take multiple years to significantly spread to organs and impact the patient’s physical abilities. As a caregiver, you may be integral in your loved one’s daily life.
Retirement for Family Caregivers
Serving as the family caregiver for a senior loved one is a rewarding but challenging pastime. Many caregivers sacrifice time and money for their loved one and compromise their own retirement savings. According to a survey by PNC Financial Services Group, one-third of family caregivers have spent their retirement money on their aging loved one
Sandwich Generation: Caring for Elderly Parents and Supporting Children
Recent times have seen an upsurge of people who thrive as the head of the household—two households, that is. The sandwich generation is the freshly coined moniker for the group of middle-aged adults who simultaneously monitor their own home as well as that of their aging parents. Frequently, those in their 40s or 50s have