The effects of aging can make everyday activities that many people take for granted either difficult or impossible for senior citizens. Seniors with limited mobility or arthritis may have difficulty with basic housekeeping tasks, getting dressed, or bathing, especially if they need a walker, cane, or wheelchair to move around. If they have poor eyesight, they may also lose their ability to drive which means that they will need help getting to doctor’s appointments and running certain errands like grocery shopping.
If you have elderly family members that have chosen to age in place in their own homes, it can be nerve racking knowing that there are times when no one is around to help them. The live-in caregivers of Assisting Hands can help ease your mind with our live-in home care services. Our live-in care services include everything from personal care to housekeeping, so you can rest assured that your family members always have someone there to help. We are committed to providing effective in-home health care that covers the specific needs of your loved ones so they can continue to safely age in their own homes. We also consistently reevaluate the care needs of our clients so we can adjust our care plans according to their changing needs.
Live In Home Care Services
Live-in home care is an ideal option for senior citizens who want to age in place, but need help daily with personal activities, housekeeping, or transportation. Our live-in caregivers will live in the house with our clients and sleep during the overnight shift, but they are there 24 hours a day to help whenever our clients need it. The constant supervision from our caregivers will help prevent falls and other dangerous situations, and we can provide consistent companionship and emotional support. You can expect the following from our live-in home senior care services:
- Personal Care: Our live-in caregivers can help with personal care and hygiene including bathing, getting dressed, restroom use, and help getting out of bed for those with limited mobility.
- Errands and Transportation: Losing the ability to drive causes senior citizens to lose some of their independence. Our live-in caregivers will run important errands to pick up groceries and medication as well as provide transportation to help our clients get to important appointments and events.
- Meal Preparation: Preparing meals on a daily basis can become difficult for senior citizens for a number of reasons. We make sure that your loved ones get freshly prepared meals each day with our meal prep services.
- Light Housekeeping: We can help take care of housekeeping tasks that have become too difficult for our clients.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Senior citizens affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia care cannot safely live alone. We can provide effective care for seniors with dementia or Alzheimer’s that include memory improving activities.
- Companionship: Our live-in caregivers provide much more than physical care, they also provide excellent companionship. We will regularly engage your loved ones in conversation and other activities to help build personal relationships and provide emotional support.
Whether your loved ones need daily help with certain housekeeping tasks or personal activities, or 24-hour supervision due to illness or dementia, Assisting Hands can help with our live-in home care services. Contact Assisting Hands to learn more about how our live-in home health care services can help your loved ones. Serving Chicago and its suburbs.
National Family Caregivers Month – Honoring the Sacrifice of Family Caregivers
November is Alzheimer’s Awareness Month and National Family Caregivers Month, when people who care for loved ones incapable of looking after themselves are recognized for their dedication and selflessness.
Choosing the Best Medical Alert Systems
A comprehensive and helpful guide from MedicalAlert.org – follow this link Medical Alert Systems. You will learn: What are Medical Alert Systems? Do You Need a Medical Alert System? Types of Medical Alert Systems Medical Alert System Features to Consider Monitoring & Response Options for Medical Alert Systems What Will a Medical Alert System Cost? Top-Rated Medical
Supporting Patty’s Pals Foundation and Kellogg Cancer Center
Assisting hands was a sponsor at the Patty’s Pals Foundation 4th annual Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser on October 23, 2018. Proceeds will be donated to Patty’s Pals Foundation in Bartlett Illinois – Donations will be evenly distributed to help Breast Cancer Clinical Research, Breast Cancer Support Services, and Breast Cancer Nurse Navigation.