The effects of aging can make everyday activities that many people take for granted either difficult or impossible for senior citizens. Seniors with limited mobility or arthritis may have difficulty with basic housekeeping tasks, getting dressed, or bathing, especially if they need a walker, cane, or wheelchair to move around. If they have poor eyesight, they may also lose their ability to drive which means that they will need help getting to doctor’s appointments and running certain errands like grocery shopping.
If you have elderly family members that have chosen to age in place in their own homes, it can be nerve racking knowing that there are times when no one is around to help them. The live-in caregivers of Assisting Hands can help ease your mind with our live-in home care services. Our live-in care services include everything from personal care to housekeeping, so you can rest assured that your family members always have someone there to help. We are committed to providing effective in-home health care that covers the specific needs of your loved ones so they can continue to safely age in their own homes. We also consistently reevaluate the care needs of our clients so we can adjust our care plans according to their changing needs.
Live In Home Care Services
Live-in home care is an ideal option for senior citizens who want to age in place, but need help daily with personal activities, housekeeping, or transportation. Our live-in caregivers will live in the house with our clients and sleep during the overnight shift, but they are there 24 hours a day to help whenever our clients need it. The constant supervision from our caregivers will help prevent falls and other dangerous situations, and we can provide consistent companionship and emotional support. You can expect the following from our live-in home senior care services:
- Personal Care: Our live-in caregivers can help with personal care and hygiene including bathing, getting dressed, restroom use, and help getting out of bed for those with limited mobility.
- Errands and Transportation: Losing the ability to drive causes senior citizens to lose some of their independence. Our live-in caregivers will run important errands to pick up groceries and medication as well as provide transportation to help our clients get to important appointments and events.
- Meal Preparation: Preparing meals on a daily basis can become difficult for senior citizens for a number of reasons. We make sure that your loved ones get freshly prepared meals each day with our meal prep services.
- Light Housekeeping: We can help take care of housekeeping tasks that have become too difficult for our clients.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Senior citizens affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia care cannot safely live alone. We can provide effective care for seniors with dementia or Alzheimer’s that include memory improving activities.
- Companionship: Our live-in caregivers provide much more than physical care, they also provide excellent companionship. We will regularly engage your loved ones in conversation and other activities to help build personal relationships and provide emotional support.
Whether your loved ones need daily help with certain housekeeping tasks or personal activities, or 24-hour supervision due to illness or dementia, Assisting Hands can help with our live-in home care services. Contact Assisting Hands to learn more about how our live-in home health care services can help your loved ones. Serving Chicago and its suburbs.
Types of Home Care Services Available for an Elderly Parent
Examples of typical non-medical in-home senior care services include personal assistance, meal preparation, light housekeeping and transportation. The professional caregivers on staff at Assisting Hands Home Care also include pleasant companionship as a part of their care, engaging your loved one in fun activities, like cards or puzzles, to keep their minds alert and active. More intensive care is offered, as well, in the form of 24-hour care and live in care. Around the clock support is oftentimes critical for seniors who need daily attention both night and day and Assisting Hands Home Care is prepared to meet your loved one’s needs.
Sponsoring Thirsty Thursday Summer Kickoff Fundraiser for Palatine Township Senior Center
On Thursday, June 8, the Palatine Township Senior Citizens Council hosted “FUNdraising One Beer at a Time” event to benefit the Palatine Township Senior Center. Assisting Hands Home Care was proud to be among the many sponsors of this event. What would a Summer Kickoff Fundraiser be without food and drinks, music, games, and Assisting Hands …
Alzheimer’s Outbursts – How to Handle Agitation in Dementia Patients
The causes of agitation in seniors with Alzheimer’s are numerous. Since the disease affects the brain, cognitive impairment is likely to occur. Certain actions are not recommended when a senior becomes agitated. See how to handle agitation in dementia patients …