Call Now: (847) 915-6186
At Assisting Hands, we can assist senior veterans and their spouses with VA home care services in Palatine, IL. With these services, eligible veterans and their spouses can use their VA pension benefits to help offset the cost of home care.
Many of the veterans of the U.S. armed forces are over the age of 65 and may require care as they age. Veterans who are eligible to receive VA pension benefits can use them towards their home care costs. To receive VA benefits, veterans and their spouses must apply through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs and once they start receiving their benefits, they can work with Assisting Hands to cover their home care services.
Assisting Hands is a VA home care provider that assists qualified veterans and their spouses in Palatine, IL. You or your loved ones can expect quality home care from our trained and licensed caregivers while using your VA pension to help offset the costs. Our professionals will work with you to create a home care plan based on your specific needs and determine the best way to apply your VA benefits.
VA Pension Benefits
Veterans and their spouses over the age of 65 are likely eligible to receive VA pension benefits. You can only receive these benefits by applying with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Applicants must meet the following criteria to start receiving VA benefits:
- Those applying, including veterans and surviving spouses, must be at least 65
- Any retirement accounts held by the veteran must be worth less than $123,600
- Applicants must have a combined monthly income lower than $3000 for married couples, $2600 for single veterans, and $2000 for surviving spouses
- Spouses applying must have been married to the veteran at their time of death
- Veterans must have service one day during wartime
The following questions may also be part of the application process:
- Do you currently receive VA benefits for wounds suffered during military service or have you applied for these benefits?
- Do you plan to live at home for the next year and if you currently live elsewhere, do you plan to return home?
- Do you require help with activities of daily living (ADLs)?
VA Home Health Aid (HHA) Homemaker/ Home Health Program
Veterans and their spouses who qualify for VA benefits can use their benefits for the following VA home care programs from Assisting Hands:
Our VA Home Health program provides veterans and their spouses with 12 hours of home care per week. To receive care under this program, veterans need to be evaluated for geriatric extended care (GEC) by a registered nurse (RN), social worker (SW), and medical doctor (MD).
Veterans must also meet the following criteria:
- Dependency with at least 3 activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Significant cognitive impairment
VA Respite Care
If senior veterans need temporary or part time care because they are cared for by relatives, they can apply for our VA respite care. Those interested in receiving care under this program must also complete an interdisciplinary assessment for geriatric extended care and have the following:
- Dependency with 3 or more ADLs
- Significant cognitive impairment
Call for a Free Consultation from Assisting Hands
Those eligible and interested in our VA home care services can call Assisting Hands and set up a free initial consultation with our professionals. During this consultation, we will evaluate your care needs and discuss how your VA benefits can help pay for the care.
You can reach us at 847-915-6186 for more about our VA home care services in the Palatine, IL area.
Related VA Home Care Services: