Call Now: (847) 796-6685
Veterans and their spouses in Elk Grove Village, IL can benefit from Assisting Hands’ VA home care services. These will cover the care needs of veterans and their spouses while the costs can be offset with VA benefits.
Veterans of the U.S. armed forces come from all walks of life, but senior citizens account for nearly half of all U.S. veterans. Like the rest of the senior population, veterans and their spouses are likely to need care and assistance as they age. Veterans who are eligible for VA benefits through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs can use these benefits to cover the cost of their home care. At Assisting Hands, we offer VA home care services and can work with veterans and their spouses to cover the cost of care with VA benefits.
Our professionals work with veterans and their spouses in Elk Grove Village, IL to cover their care needs through our VA home care programs. We will send a representative to your home and evaluate your needs and form an accommodating care plan. We will also discuss how your VA benefits can be used to offset the cost.
VA Pension Benefits
There is a good chance senior veterans and their spouses are eligible for VA pension benefits to pay for home care. They can apply through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs and meet the following criteria:
- Veterans and their spouses must be 65 or older to receive benefits
- Veterans must have served at least one day during wartime
- Surviving spouses need to have been married to the veteran at their time of death
- Applicants cannot have a retirement account worth more than $123,600
- Veterans and their spouses must have a combined monthly income lower than $3000 for married couples, $2600 for single veterans, and $2000 for surviving spouses
You may be asked the following questions when applying for VA benefits:
- Are you dependent on assistance for activities of daily living (ADLs)?
- Do you receive or have you applied for benefits from the VA for wounds sustained during military service?
- Do you expect to live at home for the next year?
- If you do not live at home, do you have a planned date to return home?
VA Home Health Aid (HHA) Homemaker/ Home Health Program
If you qualify to receive VA benefits, you can use them towards the following VA care programs from Assisting Hands:
Veterans who receive VA benefits can choose our VA Home Health Aid program for up to 12 hours of weekly home care. To receive care under this program, you must complete an assessment for geriatric extended care (GEC) from a panel that includes a registered nurse (RN), medical doctor (MD), and a social worker (SW).
The following criteria should also be met:
- Requires help for at least 3 activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Cognitive impairment issues
VA Respite Care
Our VA respite care program is beneficial for veterans and their spouses receiving care from a relative and need professional care on a temporary or part-time basis. Those interested must complete the same assessment as with our VA Home Health Aid program and meet the following criteria:
- Need assistance for 3 ADLs
- Show significant cognitive impairment
Call Assisting Hands for VA Home Care
At Assisting Hands, we are ready to help veterans with their home care needs in Elk Grove Village, IL and provide a free initial consultation. During the consultation, we will meet with you and your loved ones to determine your needs as well as how your VA benefits can be factored into the cost of care.
To set up a consultation or learn more about our VA home care services, call us at (847) 796-6685.
Related VA Home Care Services:
VA Home Health Aid Park Ridge, IL
VA Home Health Aid Palatine, IL