Call Now: (847) 915-6186
When you have senior relatives or family members who have a disability, then you’re aware of how leaving them alone at night can give you an uneasy feeling. If an emergency occurs during the nighttime when there isn’t anyone present to help, there can be severe consequences.
If you’re at the home during the night, you will likely be sleeping and won’t get to your loved one in time if there is an emergency. With Assisting Hands overnight care services, we can help your relatives in Elk Grove Village, IL area with effective home care through the night.
Overnight Caregiver in Elk Grove Village, IL
For overnight home care services in Elk Grove Village, IL, contact Assisting Hands at (847) 915-6186.
Our overnight care services consist of a caregiver going to your relative’s residence in the evening and staying until the morning. The caregiver will be available to help your relative get into bed and they will remain awake all night and assist with routine morning activities.
If you want the caregiver to remain in the same room as your loved one, he/she can do that. Otherwise, the caregiver will be in another spot of the residence where he/she can address any needs or emergencies promptly.
With our overnight caregivers, you can expect the following:
- Bedtime routine help: getting washed up and dressed for bed
- Help with getting into bed and out of bed
- Assistance taking medications
- Nighttime restroom use help
- Helping one shift positions at night
- Immediate response to emergencies
In the following scenarios, our overnight care services have proven to be especially beneficial:
- Vision Loss: You may have a loved one whose vision has been impaired by cataracts, glaucoma, or another issue. Our overnight caregiver can help your loved one safely move around their home during the night.
- Fall Prevention: There’s a greater risk of one suffering from a fall at night due to a lack of light and fatigue. Our caregivers can help, removing any tripping hazards to prevent falls and guiding your loved one around to limit the chance of falling.
- Post-Surgery: Sleeping comfortably when one is recovering from surgery can be a difficult task. We will help guarantee that your loved one gets a good night’s rest by helping them change positions in bed when needed and by making sure he/she takes necessary medication.
- Dementia Care: When seniors who have dementia wake up, they might awake from their sleep feeling confused and start to wander around their home. Our caregivers will ensure your loved one will return to bed safely.
When you hire a professional caregiver to provide your loved ones with overnight care, you will ensure their nighttime safety and give yourself peace of mind. From helping with restroom use or responding to emergencies, our overnight caregiver will be ready to assist with anything your loved one needs throughout the night.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 915-6186 to learn more about the overnight care services we provide in Elk Grove Village, IL area.
Related Overnight Care Services:
Overnight Care for Seniors and Adults Rolling Meadows, IL
Overnight Care for Seniors and Adults Schaumburg, IL
Overnight Caregivers Des Plaines, IL
Overnight Care for Seniors and Adults Hoffman Estates, IL
Overnight Caregivers Palatine, IL
Overnight Caregivers Harwood Heights, IL
Overnight Caregivers Niles, IL
Overnight Caregivers Chicago, IL
Home Safety Tips for Seniors
The family home is where the majority of seniors prefer to age. However, often times there are some safety issues people might overlook. The ideal senior’s home is accessible to people of any age and ability level. Whether the older adult is mobile or uses a wheelchair or other mobility device to move around, a
Best and Worst Gadget Gifts for Seniors
Gadget gifts are prized among the younger demographic. Older adults, however, are more likely to favor the familiar—and this often means time-tested products. Here is a compilation of the best and worst gadget gifts to give seniors during the gift-giving season. 1. Smartphones Worst: New smartphone models are released frequently. Assuming a senior will be
The Pros and Cons of Pet Ownership for Seniors
Owning a pet is a rewarding experience. A pet can provide companionship, help seniors get some exercise, and give an outlet for unconditional love. But owning pets comes with responsibilities that must be taken into account. Senior citizens looking to adopt a pet should keep these pros and cons in mind before making such a