Call Now: (847) 915-6186
When you have senior relatives or family members who have a disability, then you’re aware of how leaving them alone at night can give you an uneasy feeling. If an emergency occurs during the nighttime when there isn’t anyone present to help, there can be severe consequences. If you’re at the home during the night, you will likely be sleeping and won’t get to your loved one in time if there is an emergency. With Assisting Hands overnight care services, we can help your relatives in Elk Grove Village, IL area with effective care through the night.
Our overnight care services consist of a caregiver going to your relative’s residence in the evening and staying until the morning. The caregiver will be available to help your relative get into bed and they will remain awake all night and assist with routine morning activities. If you want the caregiver to remain in the same room as your loved one, he/she can do that. Otherwise, the caregiver will be in another spot of the residence where he/she can address any needs or emergencies promptly.
With our overnight caregivers, you can expect the following:
- Bedtime routine help: getting washed up and dressed for bed
- Help with getting into bed and out of bed
- Assistance taking medications
- Nighttime restroom use help
- Helping one shift positions at night
- Immediate response to emergencies
In the following scenarios, our overnight care services have proven to be especially beneficial:
- Vision Loss: You may have a loved one whose vision has been impaired by cataracts, glaucoma, or another issue. Our overnight caregiver can help your loved one safely move around their home during the night.
- Fall Prevention: There’s a greater risk of one suffering from a fall at night due to a lack of light and fatigue. Our caregivers can help, removing any tripping hazards to prevent falls and guiding your loved one around to limit the chance of falling.
- Post-Surgery: Sleeping comfortably when one is recovering from surgery can be a difficult task. We will help guarantee that your loved one gets a good night’s rest by helping them change positions in bed when needed and by making sure he/she takes necessary medication.
- Dementia Care: When seniors who have dementia wake up, they might awake from their sleep feeling confused and start to wander around their home. Our caregivers will ensure your loved one will return to bed safely.
When you hire a professional caregiver to provide your loved ones with overnight care, you will ensure their nighttime safety and give yourself peace of mind. From helping with restroom use or responding to emergencies, our overnight caregiver will be ready to assist with anything your loved one needs throughout the night. Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 915-6186 to learn more about the overnight care services we provide in Elk Grove Village, IL area.
Overnight Care for Seniors and Adults – Rolling Meadows, IL
Overnight Care for Seniors and Adults – Schaumburg, IL
Overnight Caregivers in Des Plaines, IL
Overnight Care for Seniors and Adults – Hoffman Estates, IL
Overnight Caregivers for Palatine, IL
Overnight Caregivers for Harwood Heights, IL
Overnight Caregivers – Niles, IL
Overnight Caregivers for Chicago, IL
How to Communicate with a Loved One with Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia cause brain cells to die and result in memory loss and cognitive decline. People with the disease start losing their ability to reason and communicate, experience trouble with basic daily tasks, and become unable to take care of themselves. As the disease progresses, problems like depression, paranoia, hallucinations, and
6 Fun Spring Activities for Seniors
When the spring season approaches, it provides a stark contrast to what’s usually a dark, dreary winter. The sun comes out, the weather is of a pleasant temperature, and nature comes back to life. Spring is a great time to get back outside, enjoy the outdoors, and take advantage of what your community has to
Respite Care Step by Step Guide
Respite care is an extremely convenient and beneficial temporary care option – it can last anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks, can be provided on a recurring or case-by-case basis, and can take place in the home or at a specialized facility, depending on the needs and preferences of the elderly and their family caregivers.