Call: (847) 915-6186
If you have elderly relatives or family members who have a disability, then you are familiar with the stressful nature of leaving them alone at night. If there’s an emergency overnight but no one is available to help, it can result in serious consequences. Even if you are at the home, chances are you’ll be sleeping and unable to immediately respond to the situation. Assisting Hands can provide care and help with emergencies in Schaumburg, IL, through our overnight home care services.
With our overnight care home services, a caregiver is sent to your relative’s home at night and will stay there until the next morning. Our caregivers help your loved one get in bed, stay up throughout the night, and then assist with your loved one’s morning routine. If help is needed in the middle of the night or if an emergency comes up, then our caregiver will be there to provide assistance. During the night, caregivers can remain in the same room as your family member or stay in a different part of the home ready to help.
The following can be expected from our overnight caregivers:
- Help with bedtime routines: washing up, getting dressed, and more
- Helping your loved one get in and out of bed
- Help with medication intake
- Help with nighttime restroom usage
- Help with position shifting
- Responding to emergencies immediately
Our overnight care services are especially beneficial in the following scenarios:
- Vision Loss: Whether your loved one’s vision has been impaired because of glaucoma, cataracts, or another issue, our caregiver is able to help him/her get around their home safely.
- Fall Prevention: Because of the darkness that night presents and the fatigue one often feels at the end of the day, falls are more likely to happen at night. We can help your loved ones safely get around their home, and we will rid of any tripping hazards to prevent falls from occurring.
- Post-Surgery: When someone is recovering from surgery, he/she can feel uncomfortable when trying to go to sleep. Our caregiver can help your loved one who is recovering from surgery by ensuring any necessary medication is taken and helping him/her switch positions in bed if needed.
- Dementia Care: When seniors are affected by dementia, they can wake up confused and begin to wander throughout their home. We can help with such situations by making sure your loved ones get back to bed safely.
Get a Free Consultation
You can not only ensure your loved one’s safety at night by hiring a trained, professional overnight caregiver, but doing so will also give you some peace of mind. The overnight caregiver will be prepared to help with anything from nighttime restroom use to emergencies.
To request a free consultation regarding our overnight home care services in Schaumburg, IL, call Assisting Hands at (847) 915-6186.
Related Overnight Home Care Services:
Overnight Caregiver Rolling Meadows, IL
Overnight Caregiver Elk Grove Village, IL
Overnight Caregiver Park Ridge, IL
Overnight Caregiver Hoffman Estates, IL
Overnight Caregiver Palatine, IL
Overnight Caregiver Chicago, IL
Overnight Caregiver Harwood Heights, IL
Overnight Caregiver Des Plaines, IL
Overnight Caregiver Niles, IL