Call: (847) 915-6186
Senior citizens have spent most of their lives taking care of themselves and their families which is why it can be difficult for many to accept that they cannot handle the tasks that they once could. Many seniors suffer from chronic illnesses, cognitive limitations, and limited mobility that makes it impossible for them to take care of certain activities of daily living including personal hygiene, cooking, and cleaning. If your senior relatives want to remain living in their own homes, they will likely need some assistance to do this safely. Assisting Hands Home Care provides senior in-home care services in Hoffman Estates, IL to help senior citizens age in their homes safely.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide more than just excellent care for your loved ones. Our caregivers will be good social companions and build personal relationships with them based on compassion and respect. When you call us for senior care services, we will help you form a care plan that is tailored to the individual needs of your loved ones and assign a caregiver to begin providing care. We put each of our caregivers through a background check and ensure that they are properly trained before assigning them to the home of your loved one.
Our senior in-home care services may include the following:
- Help with Daily Routines: Senior citizens may need help with their morning and bedtime routines. Our caregivers can help your loved ones in and out of bed and assist them through personal hygiene activities such as bathing and dressing.
- Transfer Assistance: We will help those with limited mobility get in and out of bed and get up from the couch, recliner, or wheelchair.
- Bathing and Showering: Some senior citizens have difficulty bathing or showering themselves. We can assist your loved ones with bathing to ensure that it is done safely.
- Restroom Use: If your loved ones need any assistance using the restroom, we can help with full or partial assistance.
- Dressing: We can help your loved ones get dressed in the morning and dressed for bed at night.
- Personal Appearance: Personal appearance matters to people even in their senior years. We can help your loved ones with their grooming to maintain their personal appearance.
- Incontinence Care: We can provide assistance for those affected by incontinence including help changing and cleaning up.
- Meal Preparation: It is important for senior citizens to get enough nutrition on a daily basis. We can provide meal preparation services to ensure that your loved ones get complete meals each day.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers can assist with the grocery shopping for your loved ones to pick up food, prescriptions, and other items needed.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help keep the home clean and sanitary with light housekeeping duties including washing dishes, vacuuming, mopping, laundry, and other light tasks.
- Companionship: As mentioned above, our caregivers want to be a good social companion for your loved one as well as their caregiver. Our caregivers will get to know your loved ones through conversation and engage with them in some of their favorite activities.
If you have elderly relatives in Hoffman Estates, IL that need assistance to continue living in their own homes, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to learn more about our senior care services. We will help form a complete care plan that accounts for your loved one’s needs and choose a caregiver who we believe will be a good match. You can reach us at (847) 915-6186 for more information.
6 Summer Senior-Friendly Activities in Schaumburg, IL
One of the best parts about the summer is the amount of activities available for people to enjoy. With plenty of sunshine and warm weather, the opportunity to partake in fun activities increases greatly. In the summertime, people aren’t confined to the indoors and can now comfortably enjoy the outdoors and all it has to
Home Modifications to Help Seniors
Aging in place is the preferred living situation for 87 percent of people over the age of 65. It is no surprise that seniors choose to grow old in a familiar and secure environment, where memories are built and loved ones gather. You can transform a living space into a lifelong abode for seniors by
How to Communicate with a Loved One with Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia cause brain cells to die and result in memory loss and cognitive decline. People with the disease start losing their ability to reason and communicate, experience trouble with basic daily tasks, and become unable to take care of themselves. As the disease progresses, problems like depression, paranoia, hallucinations, and