Call Now: (847) 915-6186
Dementia is a common degenerative mental disease that affects millions of seniors across the globe. In the United States, roughly 10% of citizens 65 years of age or older suffer from Alzheimer’s disease alone (which is simply one form of dementia). As the disease worsens, individuals eventually reach a point where they cannot adequately take care of themselves. At Assisting Hands, we assist affected seniors in Park Ridge, IL, with Alzheimer’s and dementia care services.
Memory Care in Park Ridge, IL
Memory care services are best administered in the comfort of the client’s home because of the familiar and comforting environment. It can be difficult for an affected individual to go through this period of their life since they are often aware of their fading mind. Through our home care services, we can help keep your loved one comfortable and even slow the effects of memory loss.
Our caregivers go through extensive training to provide quality memory care services. We engage in activities designed to preserve memory function and help take care of typical daily tasks.
Signs of Memory Loss
There are a variety of signs and symptoms that point to memory loss as their cause. They are also the reasons why it is impossible for affected individuals to live on their own. Among them include the following:
- Wandering: A common sign of dementia is when an individual aimlessly wanders around the home. This can be dangerous for elderly individuals who do not have the best balance.
- Forgetfulness: Short-term memory loss is one of the first signs of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Taking pills, bathing, eating, and similar tasks are often forgotten, while it can also be difficult for some to hold conversations.
- Agitation: Many affected individuals get frustrated when they realize they are losing control of their memories.
- Incontinence: As these degenerative diseases get worse, some individuals will lose control of their bladders and bowels.
Dementia Care Park Ridge, IL
For professional memory and dementia care services in Park Ridge, IL and the surrounding areas, contact Assisting Hands at (847) 915-6186.
Our Assisting Hands caregivers are highly vetted, trained, and qualified to provide memory care services for your loved one. It is our ultimate goal to get to know all of our clients on a personal level and address their needs proficiently. To improve the quality of life for your loved one, we focus on the following:
- History and Background: Our caregivers will learn your loved one’s background, hobbies, and interests. Since long-term memory lasts longer than short-term memory, this helps seniors stay engaged and thoughtful.
- Advice from Family: You know the needs of your loved one the best. We work with families to develop customized care plans.
- Activities: Remaining engaged is the best way to combat memory loss. We encourage walks, card games, conversations, and similar activities.
- Compassion: We understand how difficult of a time this can be for everybody involved. This is why we always treat our clients with the utmost kindness and compassion.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
To learn more about our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services, or to schedule an appointment, contact Assisting Hands at (847) 915-6186. We are proud to work with those in need in Park Ridge, IL.
Related Dementia Home Care Services
Dementia Home Care Services Hoffman Estates, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Palatine, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Park Ridge, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Schaumburg, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Elk Grove Village, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Des Plaines, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Rolling Meadows, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Chicago, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Niles, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Norridge, IL
Dementia Home Care Services Harwood Heights, IL