Call Now: (847) 915-6186
Assisting Hands offers customized senior care services for elderly individuals in Northbrook, IL, and the neighboring areas of Cook County. We will have a meeting with you and your elderly loved one to discuss their care needs and conduct a safety evaluation of their home.
We will collaborate with you, creating a care plan that meets their needs and schedule. After approval, a caregiver is assigned according to their personality and availability.
Senior Home Care Tasks
From bathroom use to showering, our caregivers are prepared to assist your elderly loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs). Any of the following may be included within our senior care plans:
- Bathing and Showering: Seniors may find it difficult to bathe on a regular basis. Our caregivers will provide partial or full assistance to help your loved ones bathe and shower.
- Dressing: Our caregivers help seniors get dressed twice daily, in the morning and evening.
- Incontinence Care: For those affected by incontinence, our caregivers will help them clean up and change clothes.
- Mobility Assistance: Our caregivers will assist individuals with limited mobility by helping them into and up from the recliner, wheelchair, or bed as well as around their home.
- Personal Appearance: Whether it is helping brush their teeth or comb hair, our caregivers assist with activities to help your elderly loved ones maintain their personal appearance.
- Restroom Use: Some seniors may need help when using the restroom, so our caregivers can provide partial or full assistance.
The following can also be included within our senior home care plans:
- Transportation: Whether it includes giving rides to medical appointments, family get-togethers, or run errands, our caregivers can provide transportation services.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will help elderly loved ones get their nutrients by preparing meals, accounting for all dietary restrictions.
- Companionship: In addition to care, our caregivers will be companions and friends to seniors. They develop a personal connection through fun conversation and activities.
- Light Housekeeping: Doing laundry, vacuuming, dusting, and more, our caregivers perform light housekeeping activities to keep seniors’ homes clean.
Senior Home Care Services
As baby boomers reach retirement, the need for senior home care has increased. Before there wasn’t much choice but for families to place their elderly loved ones in assisted living facilities or nursing homes if they could not care for themselves. But this changed as healthcare professionals recognized the benefits of senior home care, making it the preferred choice for these individuals’ families.
Serving Park Ridge, IL, and the neighboring areas of Cook County, Assisting Hands offers senior home care services, allowing them to safely live at home. Our well-trained, experienced, and licensed caregivers provide quality care and companionship. Creating a customized care plan to meet care needs, we will work with you and your elderly loved one.
Our caregivers are required to pass a background check, become CPR and first-aid certified, and finish our training program before meeting clients. These steps ensure your loved ones only receive compassionate, respectful care from trustworthy professionals.
Complimentary In-Home Senior Care Assessment
If your elderly relatives live in Park Ridge, IL, or the neighboring areas of Cook County, contact Assisting Hands for more information regarding our senior home care services. We are devoted to providing your senior loved ones with personal care.
For a free in-home assessment, give us a call at 847-915-6186.